Sunday, September 28, 2014

Getting Shot in Germany....Hmmm...

So many different events happened in this dream it's very hard to keep track. But here's the gist of it...

I went back to be a camp counselor. My campers were really rude! I even yelled at a girl for being so rude and telling her next time she's going to see the director when she acts like that. While I was at camp, I received a letter (which someone opened and read before I did, errr). This letter was from the US Government inviting me to be a Sergeant in the military and leave for Germany ASAP. So I did! All of a sudden I'm in a Marching line with men and women (I'm assuming this is "boot camp") and receiving orders. Moments later I'm holding an assault rifle / machine gun, hiding in a bush, and shooting at multiple targets. I miss each and every target, and I'm just firing at will. It's obvious I am not a good marksman. I literally was just shooting everywhere to see if I'd hit something. All of a sudden I was shot in a fatal place. I blacked out immediately thinking I had died. Then I woke up in a hospital room, knowing I had been in a coma for a while. When I stood up, I couldn't keep standing. I needed to hold on to a counter top. Then I realized my mouth was full of gauze and wires (almost like all the wires that should be connected to my body were inside my mouth). It was strange, but apparently normal. Even another man in the hospital told me to keep the gauze in between my teeth for protection. Seemed legit.

That is the gist of my dream. It hopped from being a camp counselor, being the worst Sergeant in the world, to being shot and in the hospital.

Meaning?? Well, I'm headed off to the Philippines next week to do a job I've never done - TRAINING. I'll be in charge of people. So I believe this dream is directly related to my anxieties of a new country (i.e. Germany in the dream) and a "new" career (i.e. Sergeant - a leadership position). All the stress and anxiety is tiring me out, so the coma in the dream probably signifies my need/want for rest. I think that sounds about right. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment